PDA

View Full Version : A Traffic Stop may turn into a new member!

UnderCover
08-30-2011, 12:10 AM
I was driving to work today up East Lake Rd, and passed a Trooper on a traffic stop. My car caught his eye, and once he finished up, he caught up to me and pulled me over. Once I explained to him what the car represented, we got to talking, and he's a huge dodge nut. He's got 2 Rams, one of which is an SRT10. I gave him a card, so hopefully we'll see him join up in the next couple days!

SmokedRam
08-30-2011, 12:10 AM
Awesome!!

ramthis9501
08-30-2011, 12:12 AM
Nice!

AWE Daniel
08-30-2011, 12:58 AM
Sweet!

NOTPAID4
08-30-2011, 01:04 AM
That's really cool and hope he joins up. I have given out about a dozen or more cards just in the last week and so far, I don't see any of them joining up... Geesh.... told them it was FREE!!! Watsamaterwitpeeps?

4XLGator
08-30-2011, 09:23 AM
That's pretty cool, Art. I saw a black Charger SRT8 on Sunday with a push bar like yours. And I don't believe it was a cop or trooper, no other signs of it.

Sent from Lee's iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Onk
08-30-2011, 09:30 AM
Dont hold your breath....

Fla 66 cuda
08-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Kevin stop with the negativity.

Onk
08-30-2011, 02:19 PM
lol thats exactly it...

Toopers are EVIL....

SmokedRam
08-30-2011, 03:44 PM
lol thats exactly it...

Toopers are EVIL....

LOL...I got caught doing 90 in a 55 by a Super Trooper...he scared the shit outta me and made me thing I was going to jail. Instead of walking up to the car like one would on a normal traffic stop, he sat in his car and got on his PA...had me open the door, and walk to the rear of my car...THEN he got out.

Luckily for me, he wrote me for a seatbelt violation, rather than the speeding, which was $97 back then. We sat there for about 30 minutes shooting the shit about catfishing, since he found out I was on the way home from the Richloam Catfish Hatchery.

Fla 66 cuda
08-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Too bad ya didnt start bullshittn before he mighta forgot about given ya one just give ya a warnin.

AWE Daniel
08-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Yeah my only ticket was from a Trooper, but I knew a lot of Troopers back in the day when I went to church, they arent all bad but there are some of them out there that think they own the state.

The guy that pulled me over tried to say I was putting on my seatbelt as he walked up, but I was getting out my wallet, so you know he was looking for everything he could write me for.

SmokedRam
08-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Too bad ya didnt start bullshittn before he mighta forgot about given ya one just give ya a warnin.

LOL...I doubt it...since he treated me like a felon at the start, he was pretty set on writing me for something...lol

Onk
08-30-2011, 03:53 PM
lol Troopers dont know how to give warnings...

SmokedRam
08-30-2011, 04:06 PM
They're probably angry cause here in Florida, Game Wardens have more jurisdiction tan they do...LOL

Ms.MagnumSLT
08-30-2011, 09:04 PM
I had a N.C state Trooper stop me a few years back I was doing 65 in a 45 without the seat belt on. I got away with just a seat belt warning and he said I needed to slow my mustang down. :naughty:

4XLGator
08-30-2011, 09:16 PM
^But you're a girl...it's different for y'all. LOL

garner
08-30-2011, 10:02 PM
State troopers here aren't a big fan of me. One pulled me over for my plates(front in windshield and back in back window, front bumper has no holes and lost bolts for the back) and patted me down and everything. After the warning and all that he said he patted me down cause he thought I stole the truck.
Second state trooper had just finished a stop as I drove by and he got right behind me and pulled me over for the back plate. Put the back one on after 2 warnings since they're logged in a system that will pull up if you get pulled over by a trooper(at least in Texas).
3rd time was I was going to the dealership to apply for a job and I had seen him drive by in the opposite direction about 5 miles before and then I randomly look in my mirror and see his lights on so I pull over(thought he got a call or something) and he gets behind me. He walks up to my truck and said that my front plate isn't mounted and I told him I have no mounting holes. He calls bs and tells me to show him, well walk around to the front of the truck and showed him there's no holes in my bumper. He's like you need to get it drilled right now and all that nonsense. Then he starts giving me crap about not looking in my mirrors and seeing him with his lights on and that he was about to call it in as a chase. Thankfully all he gave me was a warning

txbass06
08-31-2011, 12:24 AM
There's no law in Texas stating your license plate HAS to be mounted on your front bumper. If there was, every car lot would be mandated to add a bracket before they could sell the car.
The law states that the front plate has to be visible from the front of the vehicle at a certain distance in front and from certain angles side to side

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Storm Rider
08-31-2011, 07:23 AM
Sounds like a bunch of bs for a little thing like a license plate. In the windshield is visible, it is not like you have it in the glove box.