Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > LX Forum > Magnum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 09-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #1

NOTPAID4
N.C. Chapter President

Name: Jim
Garage
Default A bad battery; then another; yet another!
A few months ago the battery finally died on Tee's DEMON so we broke down and bought her another; then about a month of so after that the battery went Kaput on my Blue R/T so had to buy a second one.... and NOW it appears the battery is going or gone on my Red R/T..... Geesh! Right now I have the battery on a 24 hour 2 amp charge and borrowed a Snap On battery tester with the load capability from a friend and getting ready to go check it out after the all night charge.

I bought BOTH of the other batterys (94R) from Wal Mart at $82 each; cheapest around that I could find and have the 3 year Free replacement and 5 year warranty. Yesterday I headed to Wal Mart and the same battery is now $109.95... I understand prices go up.... but What the Hey.... from $82 to $110 = WOW. I did NOT go ahead and had NO plans of buying the ones there as they all had the date3 of Sept 2010 on the top, been sitting there for ONE year ~ NO Thanks!!!

I also took out my NEW Code Reader Tee bought me for my birthday and hooked it up to LUCKY to ensure it was NOT the alternator or something running the battery dead.

I may look for a used battery or some smaller cheaper one and put that in BLUE and take the new ONE from it and put it into LUCKY ~ NOT sure yet.

*** Tee just called... she went to lunch with our daughter Heather and he pinky thing broke ~ she's about 30 miles South of our house.... but... the pinky thing broke when the car was in Drive so it's still running and she's gonna try to baby it home. Sure hope she makes it; too hard to try to change it out on the side of the road..... Dang it, ONE thing after another....

Gotta run.............

NOTPAID4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:49 PM   #2

Fla 66 cuda
Cummins Member

Name: Lou
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Fla 66 cuda
You would think with that many cars you would get a dealers discount on parts.

1966 barracuda 273 auto
2001 dodge ram 1500 quad cab
2013 Hyundai Elantra
2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Coupe
All housed at the redneck mansion.

USAF Fighter Aircraft Mechanic 1979-1989

Fla 66 cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #3

NOTPAID4
N.C. Chapter President

Garage
Well a bit of good news......

Tee made it home ok and it was NOT the pinky thing in the shifter had holds the release spring. For some strange reason the shifter cable just came out of the bracket so when she tried to shift the whole assembly was moving. We just took out the center console and mounted the shifter cable assembly back into the bracket.

Then I went on to LUCKY's battery with the Snap On Battery Tester and when I put the load to the battery, it showed over 600 cranking amps.... Hmmm, should be good enough to start the car. Put it back into the car and NOW I'll wait 'til tomorrow and see how it goes. Hope the battery is OK. It may be just because I don't drive that car often.... but driving the heck out of the blue one though. I'll keep my jumper cables in the car just in case when I do take it for a ride.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:23 PM   #4

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
That sucks, I replaced both of mine with Optimas

Old 09-30-2011, 04:33 PM   #5

Storm Rider
Super Moderator

Name: Paul
Garage
Just seems like when it rains it pours. Glad to hear it was an easy fix for Tee's shifter.

God, Country, & Corps
Storm Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #6

LB3711
Turbo Member

Name: Matt
Send a message via AIM to LB3711 Send a message via MSN to LB3711 Send a message via Yahoo to LB3711
Never trust walmart crap.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 4.

2011 Dodge Ram 1500 QC Hemi Big Horn 4x4 -- Has Mods
LB3711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:18 PM   #7

txbass06
V8 Member

Name: Mark
Garage
Originally Posted by LB3711 View Post
Never trust walmart crap.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 4.
I won't buy a neverstart. When I was working for a parts store, we got more of those in as cores than anything else

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

S&B Intake, Bull Bar w/ Hella 500 Black Magics, Blacked out Headlights and Grill, 6000k HID's, Leveled w/ 315-75-R16 Kumho AT's

txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:38 PM   #8

NOTPAID4
N.C. Chapter President

Garage
Well we'll see..... I'll probably wait a couple of days and see what happens. Every place else wanted over $150 for a battery to fit my car.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:43 PM   #9

txbass06
V8 Member

Name: Mark
Garage
There's only a few cars that actually call for the group 94R battery so the price is higher than most. It's the same as the group 51R that a lot of Hondas use. It's a tall, thin battery but runs around the same price as yours

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

S&B Intake, Bull Bar w/ Hella 500 Black Magics, Blacked out Headlights and Grill, 6000k HID's, Leveled w/ 315-75-R16 Kumho AT's

txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:52 PM   #10

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
Also the 94R750 is a international style battery so another reason why they are more expensive.

Also if you guys didnt know, interstate batteries are the same as the mopar ones you get at the dealer just in a different case and with different lables.