Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > 3RD Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Interior & Exterior
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #1

BAD HABIT
President - Admin

Name: Jay
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BAD HABIT
Default possible electrical issue....
odd for me as im very elecrically inclined....lol....

so i jump in the truck this morn and my dome/puddle lights arent on, i flick the switch to make sure my switch wasnt all the way off, and nothing....
so after work today i checked the fuses, all of them and 18 would be labelled interior illumination, all good... my map lights work, hmmmm, so i trace the wires from dome to my t-tap where i tapped in so when i open my doors the puddle lights come on, which is behind the a-pillar, everything is secure, but no power to the t....i know my test light is grounded good as i checked another power source with it grounded in the same place, grounds on puddle lights are tight and look good, dome light bulb tested in working order, i wish i had brought my multimeter home with me from work.....does anyone have any idea? im at a stand still which is really weird for me.....where is the door plunger that tells the interior lights to come on... or the sensor that does when i hit my fob....