Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #1

NOTPAID4
N.C. Chapter President

Name: Jim
Garage
Default Tee's 05 R/T "CHANCE" ~ What HAPPENED???
I just had posted a thread about changing the spark plugs in Tee's 05 R/T "CHANCE" and she took it to work yesterday. She called and said it was running great and her EVIC mileage now read 19.3 MPG. Thought all was well.

Well... she gets out of work, starts the car, lets it warm up a bit and starts to take off..... A WHOLE LOT OF ENGINE LIGHTS COME ON; so she shuts it off.... NOW it would start and would NOT even come out of PARK. I had showed her how to take the console apart and move the cable etc to get it out of park, just in case (as this is the car that the transmission cable popped out of the "U" bracket.) So I had figured this was the case. I was proud of her as she messed with it some; didn't appear that the pinky thing broke and while she was wiggling everything she got the car started....."CHECK ENGINE LIGHT NOW ON". Told her to go ahead and bring it home and she did.

TODAY >>> I take out CODE READER OUT AND SEE IF IT THREW ANY CODES:
YUP; THREE
P0480 Cooling Fan Relay
P0645 A/C Clutch Relay
P0406 Gas Rec Sensor A circuit High
(AND the pinky thing is NOT BROKE!)

I go out to mess with it and check everything UNDER THE HOOD in case I accidently bumped something loose while changing the plugs. Found NOTHING ~ Next, looked at the manual to check Fuses. Checked all FUSES and made sure they were plugged in good. Found NOTHING AGAIN.

LOW AND BEHOLD.... I checked the positive terminal under the hood = LOOSE; so I get the wrench and tighten that up. NOW, I go try to start the car....
Walla STARTS RIGHT UP AND COMES RIGHT OUT OF PARK and shifts, move the car in reverse and then drive... Hmmmmm, seems OK.

Still check engine light.... Codes still there. What the HEY... I pull Fuse #11, leave it out for about half hour, plug it back in; check with the code reader; of course it shows NO codes stored..... NOW, I take it for about a 1/2 hour ride, stop and go, shutting off, starting again and it drives perfect. Get bach home; still NO check engine light and again NO codes.

Hmmmmm..... could this have been just the LOOSE POSITIVE BATTERY TERMINAL under the hood this whole time ~ Geesh Lets hope so!!!!

The SAGA continues............

NOTPAID4 is offline   Reply With Quote