Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > 3RD Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Engine & Performance
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #1

speedy
Newb

Default My 4.7L is eating me
Sorry for the long post. I have the 4.7L in my ram. Its weak, slow, did i mention weak and slow.. Over the 6 years i have owned it since new I have done regular maintenance, cleaned the tb numerous of times, ran True gas, Sea foam and everything that was recommended by the forums. I have added a few things to help it but it seams like nothing has helped enough to justify the amount i have spent.

Here is what i have done. Shorty gibson headers, Ram air intake, & a Superchips VIVID tuner that i have not been able to run(superchips problem ongoing 5 months now). Well anyway 6 years later i am tired of spending money on mods that aren't helping at all. I only have myself to blame. I am really kicking myself now for not getting the HEMI. Even though i was not able to afford the note at the time i bought the truck. Anyway today was the last straw. My truck is so dang slow. A KIA out ran me. Yes i believe it was a kia optima. It hurt.. So all day it has had me wanting to get rid of my truck. I've never owned anything "fast" in my life. I always have had to buy the smaller engine because i couldn't afford the notes on the bigger engines. I honestly dont want to get rid of my ram but i really cant stand it any longer.

The good thing is the truck is paid off. Bad thing is i dont want another note for awhile. So i have been thinking about maybe finding a hemi engine to build a little bit at a time. i have no idea what is involved in the swap as in wiring, computer, etc. I have heard a few people doing swaps but never looked into it until now. I am pretty mechanically inclined. i have built a few older chevy 350 engines and with a little help i positive i can do this. What do you guys think? Worth it? Too much of a hassle? Please voice your opinion. You cant hurt my feelings anymore than what they already are lol..

Thanks guys
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote