Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > 3RD Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Engine & Performance
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
Default Possible throttle position sensor starting to go out?
So, Monday, I noticed that sometimes (maybe once every 10 redlights) after I come to a stop, my RPMs will surge a little above and below my normal idle RPM.

Everything I have searched for, leads me to believe that my TPS is starting to wig out on me, what do you guys think? It hasn't gotten to the point where it's throwing a CEL yet, but I'm the kind of dude who doesn't wanna wait til it does.

Truck info:

2005 Ram 1500
4.7 engine
53,8xxx miles.

I cleaned the throttle body the weekend before last, but only cleaned the throttle plate and sprayed TB cleaner on a rag and cleaned the inlet. Never sprayed anything anywhere else on the TB. Truck ran fine after that, til this past Monday.
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote