Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:16 AM   #151

OklaHemi
Vertically Challenged Super Mod

Name: Michael
Garage
ive been up since 6:30 watching get shorty. i think im going to buy a 55" lcd and new surround sound with my mod money. 42" aint cutting it anymore

OklaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #152

Fla 66 cuda
Cummins Member

Name: Lou
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Fla 66 cuda
So we have a meeting this morning to tell us that the powers in charge decided to go to biweekly payrole and friday will be the last check till march 4.These f---n b---rds don't care if that puts us in the hole.It's not the two week thing that pisses me off it's 2 days till payday when they tell us, it's the principal of the thing now i'm screwed my budget is null and void and my plans for bill payin this week are shot in the ass.I f---n hate this place with a passion, the powers to be don't give a rats ass about the employees [just like everywhere else] only the bottom line, i would love to tell them to go f--k themselves but that won't pay the bills which sucks. I'm gettin too old for this shit.

1966 barracuda 273 auto
2001 dodge ram 1500 quad cab
2013 Hyundai Elantra
2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Coupe
All housed at the redneck mansion.

USAF Fighter Aircraft Mechanic 1979-1989

Fla 66 cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:07 PM   #153

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Name: PI_greg
Originally Posted by 96MagnumRam View Post
back in the day the ZDDP in engine oils were blended in high concentration...in racing oils like Valvoline VR-1 it can be like 15% ZDDP. The ZDDP made a film on the internals as a wear additive to protect metal on metal contact. This was especially important on older push rod flat tappet cammed engines. However, when the EPA mandated CATS on engines, they found that the ZDDP would actually damage them as it's emissions passed through them. So, the EPA forced oil manufacturers to lower or eliminate it from their oils. If we were talking diesel engines, than yes an oil with a higher ZDDP content is needed, however, in a modern gas engine there is no reason to add a ZDDP additive in the oil or use and oil with a high ZDDP content.

Like I told the other guy, Mobile1 Full Synthetic 10W30, 5W20 and 5W30 each contain about 900PPM of Zinc and 800PPM of Phosphorus. Which is completely in line with the maunfacturers requirements. When you get into diesel oils like a CF-4 API Spec, youre looking into about 1000-1200PPM of Zinc and in racing oils it could get like 1300-1500PPM...these gasoline burning engines don't require it...Thats why so many classic car guys used Shell RotellaT back before they reduced their ZDDP content, because it was the most available oil with the high ZDDP concentrations, cause their flat tappet cam engines actually need that stuff to help with wear.
Adam, this is really good information. Since you are the expert oil guy why don't you start a oil thread and share your knowledge.?

PI_greg 2003 SXT-Hemi, SS/T rims, 275/60-17, AeroForce, w/wideband, 6.1 ignition, K&N-77 CAI, Fastman TB, eFan, 180 stat, TMR, HD OEM Trans Cooler, SC3865/PSC1, Dual window switch/ high idle mod, Edge, Crazy Spartan (112 lsa), 2800, DTT 4:10, TCI Floor Shifter, Shift lite, Pacesetter Ceramic LT's, Magna Spun Cats/SI/DO Muffler, Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle kit, Monroe shocks, Caltracs, Aeon springs bumps, SRT-10 gage pillar, air horn

Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:16 PM   #154
Stealth Mode
Banned

Name: ^^
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Stealth Mode
Originally Posted by Fla 66 cuda View Post
So we have a meeting this morning to tell us that the powers in charge decided to go to biweekly payrole and friday will be the last check till march 4.These f---n b---rds don't care if that puts us in the hole.It's not the two week thing that pisses me off it's 2 days till payday when they tell us, it's the principal of the thing now i'm screwed my budget is null and void and my plans for bill payin this week are shot in the ass.I f---n hate this place with a passion, the powers to be don't give a rats ass about the employees [just like everywhere else] only the bottom line, i would love to tell them to go f--k themselves but that won't pay the bills which sucks. I'm gettin too old for this shit.

Time to cut a bitch...
Stealth Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:02 AM   #155

NOTPAID4
N.C. Chapter President

Name: Jim
Garage
Very nice day out today; didn't get as much accomplished as I wanted but I did get my wife Tee's New battery put in her Magnum SXT; then found out I somehow knocked some wires off her amp and had to repair those. Then washed our poor Scion XB that has been used in all the bad weather we were having. Put air in my air tank in my Magnum R/T for my air horns and that's about it. I musta been moving slowly......

NOTPAID4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:20 AM   #156
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
Originally Posted by Redtruck-VA View Post
Adam, this is really good information. Since you are the expert oil guy why don't you start a oil thread and share your knowledge.?
I am no expert, thats for sure. If someone asks a question about an oil, I have resources available to me here at the plant that can point me in the proper direction, to offer advise to people. We have an onsite lab with chemists and such to bounce ideas off of and ask questions to. The ZDDP thing was asked to me a while ago on another forum and I simply came to work the next day and asked someone. I am a research hound, if I need answers to questions I will research my ass off and get as much advise as I can. Thats just the way I am.
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:33 PM   #157
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
it's been raining good here since about 5PM
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #158

ramthis9501
SRT Member

Name: Colton
Garage
It's been baking here since about mid May

Old 07-07-2011, 10:43 PM   #159
4XLGator
Viper Member

Name: Lee
Adam, started here at 430pm. Rained hard for a solid 1 at least, then backed off to a steady rain for a while and is still drizzling outside. We need it, but I hope it clears for Saturday.
4XLGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #160

ramthis9501
SRT Member

Name: Colton
Garage
You all are lucky, it hasn't rained here in awhile... the grass in the backyard is dead from burning up