Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > 3RD Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Lifted
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 04-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #11
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
FML...Fixed...lol
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #12
Onk
Viper Member

Garage
Welcome to the family. Thank you for the compliments about my truck. "RamIt" has a log of fans and I'm glad it's been an inspiration to you. Sometimes I think people know my truck better than I do. Lol. So far everyone is correct. My truck is 2wd and I'm running a fab tech 6" suspension lift and a 3" body lift. I am currently rolling on pit bull rockers 39.5x16.5son a pacer baja, 20"x12" polished aluminum rim (which I will be selling here very shortly if you want to have first dibs on them.)

As for gears, my truck has 3.92s in it and I find they work perfectly fine. I have a K&N cai full magnaflow exhaust and I'm running the 91 super hips tune. My mpgs are a joke @ 9.7/gal but when you do what I've done to my truck you can't expect the mpgs anymore. My truck is a toy. It's my hobby. It will never get good mpgs. Lol

If you have any questions or if there is anything else I can help with please let me know. Once again welcome to the family and we hope you stick around!!

(On a side note we are going to be at the downtown palm harbor show this Saturday if you want to come out and meet some of us. (I didn't catch where you are located but if it's anywhere local, come on out.)

I also had a question. What picture were you referencing about my truck that you saw?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ewdipg
Onk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #13
WarEagleFanatic
Newb

Name: Michael
I'd love to be able to attend, but I'm stuck living in Pennsylvania for the time being. I've requested to move back South, and my company has agreed to relocate me. Not sure when that will take place but it is happening. I've seen several of your truck's pics online so it's hard to narrow down or remember which site I saw it on first. Probably the one I likes the most was with it parked next to a tank. I average 12mpg now so gas mileage isn’t really an issue for me. I figure I’ll be around 8mpg once I get the lifting mods done. I’ll start upgrading the engine once I get the exterior and interior done.

I ordered a 6.5” lift kit from CST the other day, part # CSK-D23-5. I’m still searching around for a body lift, but think I may have found one. I’ve revised my tire size from 40” to 38”. I ran across some Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radials the other day and have decided to go with those, 38 x 15.50R20LT. These look like the tread life will last a little longer for me since I’ll almost always be driving paved roads. I did find a site yesterday that claims their 6” Fabtech lift will work on all cab sizes. If anyone knows anything about the CST lift I ordered and thinks it’s a bad idea, I can always send it back and order the Fabtech. Quality matters the most to me and doing everything correctly. I appreciate the offer on the rims, but they won’t work for me without a spacer. I have 8 lug wheels. Going to go with 20x9 KMC XD Series Monster Chrome 8x165.1. That’s if the dealer confirms they will work with my tire selection.

After scouring through all the posts here, it seems I can’t go wrong with Bilsten 5100 shocks. Not sure on the steering stabilizer yet.

From what I’ve gathered here, to get me up I’d need to do the below.

6.5” suspension lift
3” body lift
38” tires
20” rims
Steering stabilizer
Shocks

It’s going to take a few months for me to fund everything, but I wanted to go ahead and start ordering stuff or I’d never get it done if I saved up and did everything at once. I’m open to any and all suggestions and name brands to make this happen. Keep in mind, I’m no mechanic and have no experience with any of this which is why I’m asking for ideas here. Although, I did read how to clean my throttle body in DIY section and I’m pretty sure I can handle that one. Hoping to get a chance to do that next weekend. I’ll post pics of that when I clean it.

Thanks to everyone for any suggestions!!!

Last edited by WarEagleFanatic; 04-20-2012 at 12:20 PM.
WarEagleFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #14

AWE Daniel
Florida Chapter Vice President

Name: Daniel
The gold avenger next to a tank was me!

Old 04-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #15
WarEagleFanatic
Newb

I haven't seen that pic yet, but did look around online for it. People always call my truck a land yacht or tank so I thought it was kind of neat that his was really the size of a tank.

Last edited by WarEagleFanatic; 04-20-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #16

AWE Daniel
Florida Chapter Vice President

Name: Daniel
Oh I thought you meant a literal tank lol

Old 04-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #17
Onk
Viper Member

Garage
There is a picture of RamIt next to my buddies tank. Before i got my truck painted. That's the picture he is referring to.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #18
Onk
Viper Member

Garage
You may want to doublecheck rim size using a 9 inch wide rim with anything over a 12 inch wide tire may cause the tire to balloon up.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #19
WarEagleFanatic
Newb

What width should I go with on the rims? I'm closer to being dead set on the tires than the rims.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #20

BAD HABIT
President - Admin

Name: Jay
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BAD HABIT
welcome to the SEM family, and for the record i say lay that mega on the ground, scrape pavement with the frame, body drop it with a full airbag set up....okay i got it out of me, now commence the lifting procedure....