Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Photo Gallery > Members Rides
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 10-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #11
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
uggghhh, I had the 460 in my 77...I had to buy stock in Citgo to keep fuel in her...LOL...I messed up a carb rebuild on the original Motorcraft carb on it...replaced it with an Edelbrock 1406...she ran pretty good after that. But she had an auto in her...and you know how most Fords engines seem to lose power sitting infront of an auto trans.
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #12
David
Newb

Name: Dave
Yeah. I wish mine was a tremec 5speed. Plan on replacing my 2barrel with a 4 barrel(edelbrock of course) and But i think my gas is probably a good 8 gallons to the foot right now. Really like 6-8mpgs. Thats why i like the dodge. If i take it easy it will get 15-20mpgs.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #13
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Don't forget to buy that Ford linkage adapter for the Fords...I think Edelbrock is only good out of the box for GM apps...Unless they have changed it since I had mine, which honeslty has been a while.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #14
David
Newb

Yeah it will be down the road when i get one thou.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #15
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
The only thing that really bugged me about my Fords were the RCA's....I hated those things.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:32 AM   #16
David
Newb

RCA's? sorry i only owned this truck for a year. And havent had any problems. You are going to have to help me on that one.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:39 AM   #17
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
radius control arms....on the ones on my 77 the factory rivets wollered out. It was a bitch keeping the new bolts tight.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:58 AM   #18
David
Newb

O i call them Pita's. Mine has bolts in it. But i don't have a problem keeping my bolts tight. doing just fine.

What was a pita thou was changing them freaking bushings out. Hardest work ever done to replace 4 bushings.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #19
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
LOL...I don't know, maybe it was because I was always driving down dirt roads...gets me though. Oh and finding someone to align the front end was a PITA too...there is only one plave that will touch those I Beam F series truck up here...Grimes Tire...I can remember one day, I was driving home from school...went to go around a curve and I went to apply the brakes and all I got was pedal. I look back in my rear view and my drivers side rear axle is hanging nearly 3 feet out of the rear end...I nearly messed my pants seeing that.

Last edited by SmokedRam; 10-28-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #20
David
Newb

When i am up and walking, I need to take mine need to get realligned. It pulls alittle. I would of been scared shitless if that would of happened to me.