Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #11

NOTPAID4
N.C. Chapter President

Name: Jim
Garage
I have been wanting one of these strut tower braces for a while now and after researching.... and YES, I couldn't afford the $300 ones, found some folks that had bought this EBAY type one and they liked it so I thought "What the Hey!", I'd go for ONE and to see IF I liked it. They had different types to choose from so I went with the painted aluminum one and thought maybe I could paint it and make it stand out... so TODAY, that's what I did.

IMO ~ For the MONEY ~ This is really nice! I sit it on top of the struts and it did NOT seem to line up; perfect on one side but off about 1/2" on the other. Further research tells me you put ONE side on; do NOT tighten the bolts; then jack up the car via the air frame and it should line up. Since I just painted it today with three coats of primer and then about four or five coats of YELLOW, I hope to try installing it tomorrow.

YUP, going on the "test mule" BLUE ~ that's why I wanted to go with yellow over the original BLACK.

Well for $70 shipped and for $10 in paint ~ If it FITS, I'm gonna love it!!!

A few pictures...

NOTPAID4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:56 PM   #12

NOTPAID4
N.C. Chapter President

Name: Jim
Garage
Tried to install this yesterday but did NOT get it done. When I lined up one side, the other was off... I was told that you could jack up the car via the A Frame to line it up, but that did NOT work either. I may have to "elongate" the holes a bit to get it to drop down over the bolts. I'll play with it more when I get some more time.

I did, however, take the time to clean out the throttle body in BLUE today. With over 133,000 miles, looks like this was never done. It sure had a lot of carbon build up! Have a catch can on order and going to add more fuel injector cleaner when I fill up next time.

After I finished the car sputtered and kept shutting off. I had to call D-Lash to remember how we got his running ok again.... I had forgotten that we just depressed the gas pedal to the floor and let off slowly. Started it back up, revved up a bit then settled in. Seems OK now!

NOTPAID4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #13

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
NICE! Finally got something from ebay. See I told you can get some good stuff on there!