Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Photo Gallery > Members Rides
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 07-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #21

Wildbee659
Newb

Name: Jaime
Nice Vette!!! I thought about buying one but getting in & out from the wheelchair was going to be hard plus no room for the wheelchair. So I bought the Charger SRT8 and I have no regrets. Like you, I love all muscle cars except for the newer mustangs. Don't care to much for them, they are a dime/dozen and they always want to race. When they loose only one out of 10 may give you the thumbs up, the others won't even look your way.

Vette owners on the other hand give you the thumbs up whether they win or loose. A friend of mine has a late 90's vette with a 383 stroker but he was unable to beat me. But darn does new z06 they are freaking fast.LOL. Enjoy your new ride.

MODS: Arrington Power Trip package (phase 4 heads, 607 cam, 90mm TB) Arrington stage 1 intake, Kooks LT headers /w high flow cats, Corsa cat-back, Pro Torque 2800 converter, Paramount Performance Stage II Valve Body, Arrington CAI, Predator custom tune, 180 T-stat, BT catch can, Quaife LSD, DSS level 5 axles, Petty's Garage front strut tower brace, Speedlogix rear arched strut brace.
Wildbee659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:49 PM   #22

RamSport97
V6 Member

Name: Patrick
Send a message via AIM to RamSport97 Send a message via Yahoo to RamSport97
Thanks everyone! The Mopar crowd has always, and will always be the most die hard for their brand. That's why it means a lot getting respect from all the Mopar guys.

I hear you Jaime, I am in a predominately Ford family, which is fine. The new 5.0, Shelby, and Boss 302 crowd are a different story. They are true car guys just like the rest of us and respect everything.

My father is a die hard Ford guy. But he has owned 3 corvettes in the past. If Ford were to make something comparable to a Corvette for around the same price, I would have gone that route. The viper is a hell of a car, but a Z06 will have no problems with an SRT10 Viper for 20-30 grand less. Same goes for the Ford GT, it will easily take on the SRT10 and Z06, out handle them both, and cruise at 160mph feeling like your only going 50. But for over 150 grand?

Point is, Chevy has always been on to something with the Corvette. You get A LOT of performance for the money. Not talking about stop light to stop light either. It's a combination of the handling, breaking, and the entire feel of the car. Fully independent suspension, pushrod V8, 96" wheel base, 3,300 pound 2 seat car. Hell, they have beaten Ferrari for over a decade at Sebring now. Point is, that was my justification.

Save the wave!

RamSport97 is offline   Reply With Quote