Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > 3RD Gen : 2002 - 2008 > General Discussions
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 08-29-2011, 10:39 AM   #21

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
Originally Posted by 96MagnumRam View Post
From what I have been reading...the Moogs arent much better than OEM...
Thats what I've heard alot, but the Moogs have the greese fittings. At least on mine that way I can make them last a little bit longer. Already can tell at least one is bad again. The 2500 ball joints suck mainly the lowers.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #22

Fla 66 cuda
Cummins Member

Name: Lou
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Fla 66 cuda
All of the replacement balljoints come with grease fittings as far as i know [the sealed ones were a failure] i replaced mine with ? brand three years ago far as i know they are still good,gotta replace all the tie rod ends and idler soon i just replaced the pittman last week,i'm gonna check the ball joints again when i do that, they seemed ok when i changed the pitman [checked them when i found out the pitman was bad] just seems like i have some play up front when you are going slow over speed bumps [feels like something moving forward and backward no clunks or creaks you can feel it on the floor]kinda hard to explain i'm thinking maybe control arm bushings or another ball joint. We'll get'er fixed up plan on rebuilding complete front end soon it's probly due.

1966 barracuda 273 auto
2001 dodge ram 1500 quad cab
2013 Hyundai Elantra
2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Coupe
All housed at the redneck mansion.

USAF Fighter Aircraft Mechanic 1979-1989

Fla 66 cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #23

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
Originally Posted by Fla 66 cuda View Post
All of the replacement balljoints come with grease fittings as far as i know [the sealed ones were a failure] i replaced mine with ? brand three years ago far as i know they are still good,gotta replace all the tie rod ends and idler soon i just replaced the pittman last week,i'm gonna check the ball joints again when i do that, they seemed ok when i changed the pitman [checked them when i found out the pitman was bad] just seems like i have some play up front when you are going slow over speed bumps [feels like something moving forward and backward no clunks or creaks you can feel it on the floor]kinda hard to explain i'm thinking maybe control arm bushings or another ball joint. We'll get'er fixed up plan on rebuilding complete front end soon it's probly due.
Not the OEM ones, they come sealed no greese fittings. But yes some of the aftermarket ones usually do.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:38 PM   #24

Fla 66 cuda
Cummins Member

Name: Lou
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Fla 66 cuda
Yes i know the oem ones would not but i rather be able to maintain them to get that extra year or so besides if they gave up why on earth would you put the same thing back in ???????????????? Some folks just like gettin flogged by the dealer.

1966 barracuda 273 auto
2001 dodge ram 1500 quad cab
2013 Hyundai Elantra
2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Coupe
All housed at the redneck mansion.

USAF Fighter Aircraft Mechanic 1979-1989

Fla 66 cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:05 PM   #25

txbass06
V8 Member

Name: Mark
Garage
Originally Posted by 03 rammer View Post
To bad you arent in florida I can get Moog parts for cost plus tax at work.
Where you work? I can get them through my work at cost too lol

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

S&B Intake, Bull Bar w/ Hella 500 Black Magics, Blacked out Headlights and Grill, 6000k HID's, Leveled w/ 315-75-R16 Kumho AT's

txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #26

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
Originally Posted by txbass06 View Post
Where you work? I can get them through my work at cost too lol

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
Greenway dodge chrysler jeep in orlando, we have alot of accounts with different places that can get us aftermarket stuff aswell.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #27

Preston2291
Newb

Name: Preston
Originally Posted by 03 rammer View Post
Greenway dodge chrysler jeep in orlando, we have alot of accounts with different places that can get us aftermarket stuff aswell.
Hey 03Rammer, i think Jay Mentioned your name as Arron. Im gonna be in the market for some ball joints soon...was changing the oil today and i noticed that both of the boots on my lowers are pretty much shot and i suspect the uppers might be due for replacement also...i dont have any steering issues ( the steering wheel is tight as a virgin) so i dont think that i will need any tie rods or ends i just want to replace the ball joints to prevent any further harm. Would you be able to help me out as well? It would be much appreciated
Preston2291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #28

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
Originally Posted by Preston2291 View Post
Hey 03Rammer, i think Jay Mentioned your name as Arron. Im gonna be in the market for some ball joints soon...was changing the oil today and i noticed that both of the boots on my lowers are pretty much shot and i suspect the uppers might be due for replacement also...i dont have any steering issues ( the steering wheel is tight as a virgin) so i dont think that i will need any tie rods or ends i just want to replace the ball joints to prevent any further harm. Would you be able to help me out as well? It would be much appreciated
Where you located that the main thing? But yeah I can help out some if you need it Never mind I see where your from Crystal River lol What I can do is get you a price on some Moog stuff and either you pick it up or I ship it or wait till the end of the year gtg and I can bring it with me.