Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > SUV Forum > Jeep
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #31

BAD HABIT
President - Admin

Name: Jay
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BAD HABIT
That suck Ed, congrats on the sale and purchase, its prolly nice having a gas sipper around.

BAD HABITS BADASS EVO ON TAPATALK TRANSPARENT...

Old 08-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #32

HammerZ71
Newb

Originally Posted by BAD HABIT View Post
That suck Ed, congrats on the sale and purchase, its prolly nice having a gas sipper around.

Yeah, honestly I needed two lifted, V8, 4x4s like I need a hole in the head. I almost bought an '08 Wrangler when I sold the Grand Cherokee BUT I'm hearing the 3.7s are as bad if not worse than the 4.7s with the head issues - not to mention the new Pentastar is having failed heads like crazy.

My new daily driver is what a DD is supposed to be, a gas sipper and reliable. 10/100,000 powertrain, 5/60,000 bumper to bumper and free oil changes for life up to 4x a year. Plugs and tranny are 100,000 mile change intervals and the dealer had a $99 deal for nitrogen in the tires that includes five years of tire warranty replacement, road side service and even hotel re-imbursement if I have a flat more than 50 miles from home - plus free tire rotations/nitrogen adding and inspections once a year for those five years. So for 5 years I'll have NO expense with this car except for gas.

Was a shame that the shop fucked up my head(s) though, upon completion of the rebuild and giving it a little time for the rings to seat we pulled compression and it was 190 PSI on EVERY cylinder. Had the shop not screwed up this rebuild would have probably outlasted me!
Old 08-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #33

Originally Posted by HammerZ71 View Post
UPDATE:

Shop thinks the guy pulled specs for regular 4.7 heads and not HO. Rocker arm snapped and took the valve clean off at the stem. Free floating valve just barely nicked the new piston.

RPMs at idle were down and it wanted to stall at lights UNLESS the AC was on to keep idle up a hair. PLUS I just didn't trust the other head, feeling if they spec'd one head wrong - they surely spec'd them both wrong.

I didn't volunteer (to the buyer) that one of the rebuilt heads had to be re-rebuilt.

You are the definition of an underhanded seller. Selling that guy a vehicle that you know is going to have a head failure is low class all the way.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #34

BAD HABIT
President - Admin

Name: Jay
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BAD HABIT
I did a good amount of research on the pentastar, and only a handful of issues were out there, ill let you know how they pan out, I have one in our new journey. The guys at dodge told me they were gonna replace the 4.7l in our ram trucks with the pentastar cause it has more hp and the reliability.....well see.....

Old 08-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #35

AWE Daniel
Florida Chapter Vice President

Name: Daniel
The new pentastars are having some problems with dropping the #2 cylinders, they recalled a bunch and said they fixed what was causing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old 08-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #36

Originally Posted by BAD HABIT View Post
I did a good amount of research on the pentastar, and only a handful of issues were out there, ill let you know how they pan out, I have one in our new journey. The guys at dodge told me they were gonna replace the 4.7l in our ram trucks with the pentastar cause it has more hp and the reliability.....well see.....

Originally Posted by AWE Daniel View Post
The new pentastars are having some problems with dropping the #2 cylinders, they recalled a bunch and said they fixed what was causing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Oh no way, you know what I heard is having some reliability problems? The 4.7 jeep with an f'ed up head that Ed sold to the new owner without disclosing it.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #37
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
It is my understanding that the 4.7 is being redesigned cause Dosge doesn't want the Hemi being the only V8 option in the Ram.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #38

RamminRon
V6 Member

Name: Ron
The 2013 Rams have a new 305 hp V-6 PENTASTAR...Getting Great reviews,with that hp you really don't need a smaller V-8 option to the Hemi...

Old 08-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #39

AWE Daniel
Florida Chapter Vice President

Name: Daniel
Originally Posted by ORT View Post
Oh no way, you know what I heard is having some reliability problems? The 4.7 jeep with an f'ed up head that Ed sold to the new owner without disclosing it.
You have made your opinion known, please refrain from any more inflammatory posts.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #40
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
Originally Posted by RamminRon View Post
The 2013 Rams have a new 305 hp V-6 PENTASTAR...Getting Great reviews,with that hp you really don't need a smaller V-8 option to the Hemi...
I would agree with that, it's also rated to give 1 more MPG than a V6 F150 at 18MPG city. However, those figures are with that new 8spd transmission. They haven't released any MPG estimates with the Ram V6 and the 6spd trans yet.
Closed Thread