Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > Diesel Forum > 5.9 Cummins
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 08-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #51
Stealth Mode
Banned

Name: ^^
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Stealth Mode
Originally Posted by 96MagnumRam View Post
Is LPG still popular to boost a diesel engine?

Propane is the diesel nitrous... Lol
Stealth Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:21 AM   #52

Smitty
V6 Member

Name: Ken
Send a message via AIM to Smitty Send a message via MSN to Smitty Send a message via Yahoo to Smitty
Originally Posted by Stealth Mode View Post
Propane is the diesel nitrous... Lol
Nitrous itself is heavily used.

2010 Jayco Eagle 285 5th Wheel
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:35 PM   #53

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
Look at the bottom of this page you will see all the parameters that the Adrenaline with pulse monitors: http://www.quadzillapower.com/produc...ne-Dodge-06-07

Old 08-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #54

Smitty
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to Smitty Send a message via MSN to Smitty Send a message via Yahoo to Smitty
Originally Posted by 03 rammer View Post
Look at the bottom of this page you will see all the parameters that the Adrenaline with pulse monitors: http://www.quadzillapower.com/produc...ne-Dodge-06-07
Yep, already have it.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:20 AM   #55

Smitty
V6 Member

Here you go Lee...in case you have not already seen it.

http://www.dodgeownerforums.com/smf/...36.0;topicseen

Old 08-18-2011, 09:56 PM   #56
4XLGator
Viper Member

Name: Lee
^ Thanks Ken.

One thing I noticed about the H & S is the screen size...it is small at 2.75" x 2.25". To compare, a standard business card is 3.5" x 2". I don't think I like that too much as I want something easily visible, especially for monitoring perimeters.

I wish I could find one of these damn things that has everything I want. It appears I am going to have to give up this to get that...not real fond of that considering what they cost.

Edge Juice w/attitude & CTS seems to be in the lead for me right now. Especially considering I want a backup camera, which would normally connect to the stereo (when I upgrade it). But, I might be able to save some money on that if I add the camera to the CTS.
4XLGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:28 AM   #57

Smitty
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 4XLGATOR View Post
^ Thanks Ken.

One thing I noticed about the H & S is the screen size...it is small at 2.75" x 2.25". To compare, a standard business card is 3.5" x 2". I don't think I like that too much as I want something easily visible, especially for monitoring perimeters.

I wish I could find one of these damn things that has everything I want. It appears I am going to have to give up this to get that...not real fond of that considering what they cost.

Edge Juice w/attitude & CTS seems to be in the lead for me right now. Especially considering I want a backup camera, which would normally connect to the stereo (when I upgrade it). But, I might be able to save some money on that if I add the camera to the CTS.
I will update my spreadsheet with the H&S and Bully Dog info this weekend and forward to you.

Yes, there seems to be many deciding factors.

I like the H&S for the 200hp setting. But, no turbo timer. It also seems to be liked by some of the guru's for how they work. Also, H&S had the transmission software. Not sure if worth the extra $299.00.
When you get some time do a comparison between the Mini Maxx and the Bully Dog GT. Tell me if they look awful similar, even the pictures in their instructions look the same. Like H&S took the Bully Dog and did their own thing to it??? Going to ask H&S about it; and if any plans to add Turbo timer.

Edge has lots of goodies, but do not like the idea of paying another $100 to get the 160hp setting.

At first I thought it was unneeded, but sort of like the Quad with the number of hp settings they have. Then you can create custom tunes on top of that.

Decisions Decisions...lol

Old 08-19-2011, 08:42 AM   #58
4XLGator
Viper Member

Name: Lee
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
I will update my spreadsheet with the H&S and Bully Dog info this weekend and forward to you.

Yes, there seems to be many deciding factors.

I like the H&S for the 200hp setting. But, no turbo timer. It also seems to be liked by some of the guru's for how they work. Also, H&S had the transmission software. Not sure if worth the extra $299.00.
When you get some time do a comparison between the Mini Maxx and the Bully Dog GT. Tell me if they look awful similar, even the pictures in their instructions look the same. Like H&S took the Bully Dog and did their own thing to it??? Going to ask H&S about it; and if any plans to add Turbo timer.

Edge has lots of goodies, but do not like the idea of paying another $100 to get the 160hp setting.

At first I thought it was unneeded, but sort of like the Quad with the number of hp settings they have. Then you can create custom tunes on top of that.

Decisions Decisions...lol
The transmission software for our trucks ('06 & '07) is only $99 from H&S. The 6.7L tranny software is $299.

I'll check out the Bully Dog GT versus MiniMaxx this weekend sometime.

I like the function of the Quad but their display dies not impress me. If I could get the function of a Quad with the Edge CTS I'd be happy...I think. LOL! I might be back to square one with analog gauges and a Smarty S-06...I don't know for sure yet. Maybe by the time I decide someone will improve theirs to include everything I want.

---
- Sent from Lee's iPhone4 using Tapatalk
4XLGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:47 AM   #59

Smitty
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 4XLGATOR View Post
The transmission software for our trucks ('06 & '07) is only $99 from H&S. The 6.7L tranny software is $299.

I'll check out the Bully Dog GT versus MiniMaxx this weekend sometime.

I like the function of the Quad but their display dies not impress me. If I could get the function of a Quad with the Edge CTS I'd be happy...I think. LOL! I might be back to square one with analog gauges and a Smarty S-06...I don't know for sure yet. Maybe by the time I decide someone will improve theirs to include everything I want.

---
- Sent from Lee's iPhone4 using Tapatalk
Good...must have misread the price somewhere.

Gauges and that H&S XRT Pro

Old 08-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #60

Smitty
V6 Member

Hey Rammer. Quad advertises what the HP increase is for each of their settings. You happen to have or have seen what the associated torques increase are?

Was there any type of settings/options for:
Torque management?
Low boost fueling?
Timimg?
Anything to get better low end?
Remove/adjust Speed or RPM limiter?

Last edited by Smitty; 08-23-2011 at 08:06 PM.