Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > 3RD Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Interior & Exterior
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 01-06-2011, 01:00 AM   #1

AParrette
Turbo Member

Send a message via AIM to AParrette Send a message via MSN to AParrette Send a message via Yahoo to AParrette Send a message via Skype™ to AParrette
Default revamping my hid reverse
some of you know thta i do have hid reverse in for the longest time now. for a while only the drivers side has been working. i sent my tails out to be tinted so now is the perfect time to update the wiring and get everything hunkydory, right now the main power and ground is speaker wire, w/ a regular relay.

i will upgrade to 15 guage wiring, time delay relays, get my rear off roads wired up.

with my tails 1k miles north you cannot imagine how much i miss the light output...

Old 01-06-2011, 01:52 AM   #2
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
after seeing how bright yours are in the pics you post, 1 is all you need...but yeah man, change that wire out ASAP, that is just asking for trouble...

Last edited by SmokedRam; 01-06-2011 at 01:55 AM.
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #3

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
Do you have a write up or how to of how you did this. My recon tails are coming in soon and I want to do the same.

Two questions though, when you throw you truck into reverse does it take time for the ballast to warm up? Also have you had any heat problems with the hids being brigther than the halogens?

Old 01-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #4

AParrette
Turbo Member

Send a message via AIM to AParrette Send a message via MSN to AParrette Send a message via Yahoo to AParrette Send a message via Skype™ to AParrette
Originally Posted by 03 rammer View Post
Do you have a write up or how to of how you did this. My recon tails are coming in soon and I want to do the same.
i could do this

Two questions though, when you throw you truck into reverse does it take time for the ballast to warm up?
it does, but it equals the halogen until you wait the 3 seconds it takes for the ballasts (i usually wait for them, especially winter w/ 5% tint)

Also have you had any heat problems with the hids being brigther than the halogens?
no heat problems that i have noticed. even where the ballasts are located