Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #1

NOTPAID4
N.C. Chapter President

Name: Jim
Garage
Default Can YOU LOVE YOUR CARS TOO MUCH???
Since I've been on the forum when we first got the SHADOW (My 06 SRT) and shortly got Tee her first magnum (Her 06 SXT) and then somehow, someway we ended up with SIX (long story), I have been asked maybe a million times "Why don't you drive the SRT all the time?"

Well for clarification on how I feel, knowing all well that I'll probably NEVER really be in financial situation to buy another NEW car, I cannot relay how MUCH I LOVE THE SHADOW. I'm almost to the point of being paranoid about taking it out and something happening to it. Lets say it were to get totaled, YES I have insurance but could probably never get the true value of it first of all and where would I be able to get one as nice as MINE. True mine has 11,300 miles and BEFORE I take it anywhere; I first check the weather channel ~ Gonna rain ~ NOPE Shadow stays in the garage. Will the rain hurt the car ~ probably NOT; however here in the south occasionally we get BAD hail. Can it be repaired IF this should happen; yeah probably; will it be like new ~ I doubt it. Would I like a new Charger, 300 or a Challenger ~ NOPE; to ME ~ NONE COMPARE TO MY MAGNUM.

When I just had SHADOW and no other magnum, I was somewhat jealous of all the mods everyone was doing? Hmmmm, NOPE I just did NOT want to mod my SRT and most folks on here KNOW that for TWO years my SHADOW had NO mods; nada, nothing, zilch. Finally my first mod was the imfamous PappaJohn pistol grip shifter, later Tee bought me some things.... SRT embroidered floor mats, SRT lighted door sills. Then to do a REAL mod, I added strobes in the grille, finally working my way up to some 3Gcustomz engine dress up parts; ABS cover, fuse box cover, firewall cover and radiator cover and finally breaking down and buying some used (like brand new), DUB 22" wheels and tires.

OK, NOW she's modded some... whew but NOW I love it even more so what do I do..... YUP.....you guessed it.....DRIVE IT LESS!

I guess the "BOTTOM LINE" IS I have NO real plans to MOD this beast as I could have it back "BONE STOCK" in a couple of hours and that the way I like it.

Now lets talk a bit about driving this CAR. Well I finally got a predator and WOW, this car is WILD!!! It takes off sideways, a little bit more in second and NOW gets third gear rubber. How crazy it that? It IS HONESTLY hard to drive this car SLOW!!!

Ok.... so NOW I get "LUCKY" my red R/T.... an awesome car in it own right. It had about 44,000 miles and was near perfect condition, and I did start modding this one and I won't go into what all I've done as most of you have been on my modding journey with that one all along. Man I love this car too! Currently at 56,xxx miles.

So WHAT HAPPENS??? I get too good of a deal on BLUE; Yeah it's got lotsa miles; 127,500 when i got it. But... just take over payments ~ Cool GREAT deal so I got it for my everyday driver... yup take this one out in the RAIN. I have NEVER seen a car this NEW with so many scratches etc on it; inside a mess; (guy carried bales of straw around in the back ~ such a mess!) I was forever detailing this CAR. Would have NEVER thought I really care about BLUE as much as I DO. But... I'm so much braver on BLUE; as I'll try MODs on this ONE I would NEVER try on the SHADOW OR LUCKY.

Dang it.... DOES ANYONE LOVE THEIR CARS LIKE I DO MINE?????

Sorry for the long rant!!!

(Oh and this is just my story as Tee, I'm sure, has a story about her THREE as well ~LOL~)

NOTPAID4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
If you've ever watched the TV show "My Strange Addictions", you will find out that YES, you can love your cars a little too much. LOL!
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #3

Fla 66 cuda
Cummins Member

Name: Lou
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Fla 66 cuda
I care more about my cars and this hobby that i do without to do things to them, my wife puts up with my addiction and i'm trying to ween my self a bit ,but cars are my only enjoyment in my miserable life. I can't imagine what i would be doing with out this hobby. I'm a very addicted person and intervention won't help.

1966 barracuda 273 auto
2001 dodge ram 1500 quad cab
2013 Hyundai Elantra
2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Coupe
All housed at the redneck mansion.

USAF Fighter Aircraft Mechanic 1979-1989

Fla 66 cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #4

Storm Rider
Super Moderator

Name: Paul
Garage
Gotta agree with Lou. My wife lets me do stuff with and for my Challenger. She actually said that it was good that I got a hobby. She loves the shows and our friends and this gets us out of the house more often than not. IT IS A GREAT ADDICTION !!!!

God, Country, & Corps
Storm Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #5

AWE Daniel
Florida Chapter Vice President

Name: Daniel
Originally Posted by SmokedRam View Post
If you've ever watched the TV show "My Strange Addictions", you will find out that YES, you can love your cars a little too much. LOL!
Lol I saw that episode