Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:21 PM   #1

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
Talking Thinking of getting another diesel, yes another one!!!
Only this time a 06+ Volkswagon Jetta TDI.

WHY YOU ASK?????

Well the jaw droping MPGs, power, dependablilty, and BLACK SMOKE !!! lol

*Among other varies reasons

My dad used to have an 03 Jetta Volkwagon TDI Manual, that thing had some ballz, not to mention 49+mpgs

The newer ones are getting about 42+mpgs

The lucky driver will be the "Wifey". Hopefully we can get her out of her marshmello 99 Nissan Sentra.

Just need to find one at a GREAT price or get one through work.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:53 PM   #2

car_enthusiast63
V6 Member

Name: Jordan
I say you should get her a diesel ram like yours lol, but I will say nothing beats those mpgs especially running on diesel

Old 03-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #3

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
Yeah I've thought about getting her a ram but the mileage of a 1500 keeps me away and the repair bills and price of parts on 2 diesel rams keeps me away from that aswell.

Not to mention I'm currently putting brakes and rotors on my truck that was just about over 400 bucks times that by two....OUCH

Believe me it would be HOTT if she drove one just not practical or saving us any money.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #4

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
Not to mention, mine is paid for and only cost me about 310 bucks a month to drive.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:02 AM   #5

car_enthusiast63
V6 Member

Yea for sure, all those things deffinitely play an important role in all that, cause then you have the payments of the new truck which would be more than the vw plus the less mpgs and like you siad everything else as well, I get you though bro, its still pretty damn sweet to have her driving a diesel as well though!! even if it isnt a truck lol

Old 03-02-2011, 12:09 AM   #6

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
Originally Posted by car_enthusiast63 View Post
Yea for sure, all those things deffinitely play an important role in all that, cause then you have the payments of the new truck which would be more than the vw plus the less mpgs and like you siad everything else as well, I get you though bro, its still pretty damn sweet to have her driving a diesel as well though!! even if it isnt a truck lol
Yeah I think Im hooked on diesel cars/trucks for life lol They have so many advantages to gas cars IMHO. And of course some disadvantages, but few.

Hopefully if we find one that fits the budget etc, I will be able to do some mods to it like tint, small lowering kit nothing major, programmer, CAI and exhaust. And if all possible some GTI wheels too.

Just getting back into the VW world though, but I should be able to hit close to 50mpgs with some of those mods.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:14 AM   #7

car_enthusiast63
V6 Member

With gas prices going up lately and diesel as well that right there sounds amazing lol, I will say I havent owned a diesel truck yet but sure as hell is a dream of mine, I'm a sucker for diesel for some reason, my dream truck is a lifted diesel Ram, I want hopefully a 4th gen or 5th if its out by when I graduate and get a good paying job

I say go for it if the budget permits, that would be a damn sweet ride for the wife IMO

Old 03-02-2011, 12:22 AM   #8

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
With gas prices going up lately and diesel as well that right there sounds amazing lol, I will say I havent owned a diesel truck yet but sure as hell is a dream of mine, I'm a sucker for diesel for some reason, my dream truck is a lifted diesel Ram, I want hopefully a 4th gen or 5th if its out by when I graduate and get a good paying job

I say go for it if the budget permits, that would be a damn sweet ride for the wife IMO
Sure is I just did the math and on one tank it should get about 645-675miles a tank!!! So for the family down south in stuart florida. It would only cost us 20-25 bucks to go there in back to see them. Instead of 75-85 bucks with the truck. Not to mention all the running around I do with the truck, I would take here car instead lol

I too love the 4th Gen Rams, but dont see myself getting into another high payment anytime soon. My buddy just got him a brand new ford f150 off the lot fully loaded and took on a payment of 600 a month!!! OUCH and not to mention another buddy of mine with a brand new 4th gen diesel fully loaded is paying about 1150 a month and he has good credit.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #9

car_enthusiast63
V6 Member

Got Damn, meaning that with all the money you save you can mod her car and your truck a little more often lol

Ouch now that is freaking crazy!! Thats a serious chunk of cash for car payments, but you know what if they got the money more power to them cause if i got the cash to do so I would get it as well lol

Old 03-02-2011, 12:37 AM   #10

03 Rammer
SRT Member

Garage
Got Damn, meaning that with all the money you save you can mod her car and your truck a little more often lol
You got that right lol, not to mention save some money for other toys lol

Ouch now that is freaking crazy!! Thats a serious chunk of cash for car payments, but you know what if they got the money more power to them cause if i got the cash to do so I would get it as well lol
Yeah been there done that lol