Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #1

NOTPAID4
N.C. Chapter President

Name: Jim
Garage
Default Check THIS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We all get those stupid EMails from insurance companys saying "Let us save you up to $500 a year....

Well one day about a week ago I was bored so I answered; got TWO emails back that said WE can save you money. Called one guy told him I had eight cars on the road and he said "Sorry, I can't help YOU!" ~LOL!~ Then got another call and figured I'd have some fun, gave him the first Magnum SN, then the second, third, fourth, fifth and six.... think he thought I was CRAZY. Well, low and behold he sent me a written quote. It was $100 cheaper per MONTH than I'm paying NOW. Wow.... IS this for REAL!

Took all the paperwork to my insurance carrier and here is WHAT I FOUND OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The North Carolina Insurance Institute had requested all insurance companys to redo their rates as the percentage of profit was getting to high. Well my insurance man told me he was NOT allowed to tell me about this UNLESS I ASKED.

He rewrote my policy ~ Exact same coverage ~ NO CHANGES and my bill has been reduced by $121 PER MONTH ~ R U KIDDING!!!

NOPE, already paid this month premium at a savings of $121!
You all might want to check this out! Sure glad I did!

Just a for your information THREAD! Hope some of you all have the same LUCK!!! WHY NOT check into it???

Last edited by NOTPAID4; 05-12-2011 at 12:43 AM.
NOTPAID4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:55 AM   #2

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Name: PI_greg
Jim, good for you, I have a strained relationship with my insurance guy. I have three cars and three motorcycles. It pisses me off as I certainly can't dive them all and I'm overseas for half the year. Just seems like a constany rip-off. My thinking is that I should have insurance and beable to drive whatever I want and be insured. That will never happen....

PI_greg 2003 SXT-Hemi, SS/T rims, 275/60-17, AeroForce, w/wideband, 6.1 ignition, K&N-77 CAI, Fastman TB, eFan, 180 stat, TMR, HD OEM Trans Cooler, SC3865/PSC1, Dual window switch/ high idle mod, Edge, Crazy Spartan (112 lsa), 2800, DTT 4:10, TCI Floor Shifter, Shift lite, Pacesetter Ceramic LT's, Magna Spun Cats/SI/DO Muffler, Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle kit, Monroe shocks, Caltracs, Aeon springs bumps, SRT-10 gage pillar, air horn

Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:19 AM   #3

Storm Rider
Super Moderator

Name: Paul
Garage
Way to Bro. Thanks for passing it along. Anytime you can save on insurance is a good time. That is cool your carrier was able to beat the others price so you didn't have to change carriers.

God, Country, & Corps
Storm Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:05 AM   #4

OklaHemi
Vertically Challenged Super Mod

Name: Michael
Garage
Insurance and taxes fuck em all. I'm glad you are saving some mulah Jim

OklaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:04 AM   #5

UnderCover
R/T Member

Name: Art
That's great Jim...

I just wound up ditching geico after 6 years and going with Amica (never heard of them til a friend told me about it). They don't advertise, but they've been around for years, and have great reviews. My 1 YEAR policy with Amica is only costing me $200 more than my 6 MONTH policy with geico! I couldn't believe it, but needless to say, I was pretty happy!

UnderCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #6
4XLGator
Viper Member

Name: Lee
I had AMICA for house, truck, motorcycles, RV...everything for about 5 years when I was married and they were great. However, when I got divorced and they "had" to rewrite the policies, they jacked my prices sky high. I was told that insurance for single men is WAY more than if married...WTF is that about? So, I told them what I thought and took my business elsewhere.
4XLGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #7

UnderCover
R/T Member

Name: Art
Really? Well shit - if that's the case, hopefully it goes down next year when I get married!

UnderCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #8

txbass06
V8 Member

Name: Mark
Garage
It's like that all over. I went in to add my wife's car to my policy after we got married and asked the woman why there's so much of a difference after just changing my marital status. Apparently, single men are more apt to do reckless things, i.e. speeding, street racing, driving drunk, than a married man

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

S&B Intake, Bull Bar w/ Hella 500 Black Magics, Blacked out Headlights and Grill, 6000k HID's, Leveled w/ 315-75-R16 Kumho AT's

txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #9
4XLGator
Viper Member

Name: Lee
Originally Posted by UnderCover View Post
Really? Well shit - if that's the case, hopefully it goes down next year when I get married!
Yes, your insurance should definitely go down when you hook up the ball and chain....sorry, I meant get married.

Sent from Lee's iPhone4 using Tapatalk
4XLGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #10
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
^^^^lol
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote