Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Member's Area > The Lounge
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

The Lounge The place to hang out and discuss random things.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #1

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Name: PI_greg
Default Keeping track
Just curious, do any of you have a book on your truck to document the modifications you have done? My opinion is having one will enhance the value of the truck when it comes to selling it or just notes to help troubleshooting when something stops working.

PI_greg 2003 SXT-Hemi, SS/T rims, 275/60-17, AeroForce, w/wideband, 6.1 ignition, K&N-77 CAI, Fastman TB, eFan, 180 stat, TMR, HD OEM Trans Cooler, SC3865/PSC1, Dual window switch/ high idle mod, Edge, Crazy Spartan (112 lsa), 2800, DTT 4:10, TCI Floor Shifter, Shift lite, Pacesetter Ceramic LT's, Magna Spun Cats/SI/DO Muffler, Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle kit, Monroe shocks, Caltracs, Aeon springs bumps, SRT-10 gage pillar, air horn

Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #2
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
I dont have one...yet...mainly cause I havent done much modding that I have had to actually buy parts for...with the trans fix, all the paperwork is at home in a lock box. But I like your thinking...it might be good at shows too, so judges can read it and see how much you have into it.
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #3

ramn it
V8 Member

Name: Trace
I do!! and one of the best reasons is because of insurance . When I got hit in a hit and run and the insurance wanted to write me a check they knew for sure how much the mods cost I also have pics for the things I bought off everyone so the insurance will know.

ramn it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:41 PM   #4

AWE Daniel
Florida Chapter Vice President

Name: Daniel
Ive got pictures of just about everything for insurance reasons, but im not convinced most of the mods we do actually add value to the vehicles, maybe to the right person they do. You will never get what you put into it, out of it, value wise.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #5

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

I see this a lot like a maintenance log. It isn't so much as trying to add value as it is to losing value. Highly modded vehicles are hard to sell as the buyers typically are clueless on how to work on it. With a book at least you have a running chance. Plus notes on various settings and connections are valuable when trying to remember what was done. When I'm showing the truck I have a Mod list posted on a window.

PI_greg 2003 SXT-Hemi, SS/T rims, 275/60-17, AeroForce, w/wideband, 6.1 ignition, K&N-77 CAI, Fastman TB, eFan, 180 stat, TMR, HD OEM Trans Cooler, SC3865/PSC1, Dual window switch/ high idle mod, Edge, Crazy Spartan (112 lsa), 2800, DTT 4:10, TCI Floor Shifter, Shift lite, Pacesetter Ceramic LT's, Magna Spun Cats/SI/DO Muffler, Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle kit, Monroe shocks, Caltracs, Aeon springs bumps, SRT-10 gage pillar, air horn

Old 07-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #6

Storm Rider
Super Moderator

Name: Paul
Garage
I keep a log of everything done to my Chally. I put down everything from when I wash it and where to the mods I have had done to all the maintenance and who did the work.

God, Country, & Corps
Storm Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #7

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Originally Posted by Storm Rider View Post
I keep a log of everything done to my Chally. I put down everything from when I wash it and where to the mods I have had done to all the maintenance and who did the work.
That kind of record keeping has to enhance vehicle value at time of sale. IMO, good job.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #8

NOTPAID4
N.C. Chapter President

Name: Jim
Garage
I keep a log book in EVERY car and write down EVERYTHING, gas fill ups, oil changes, wiper blades, etc, etc and also have a minila envelope for EACH car where every receipt goes and so does Tee!

We also have laminated all the "window stickers" of the ones we have.

NOTPAID4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:27 PM   #9
4XLGator
Viper Member

Name: Lee
All these are great ideas. I have kept everything to date, just need to put it all together in a binder.
4XLGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #10

BAD HABIT
President - Admin

Name: Jay
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BAD HABIT
I do mods, repairs, and fluids I keep track of it all

Sent from my badass EVO on TapaTalk....