Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > LX Forum > Magnum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 03-11-2011, 10:58 PM   #1

NOTPAID4
N.C. Chapter President

Name: Jim
Garage
Default Another FUN day messin' with my magnum BLUE
Since I know so little about stereo installs and my latest magnum "BLUE" already had the amp wired up but wouldn't work, I decided it was time to MESS with it and install my new R/T Badge!

What I ended up finding out was: previous owner had throw some straw bails in the back and crused the RCA connectors going into the amp and broke off the tip into the female RCA connectors. Since I had pulled amps and speaker from TWO other cars I thought maybe I could just wire up the different amp and add speakers.

So here is WHAT ID MODDED TODAY!!!!

I removed this amp ~ with the damaged RCA connectors...

I replaced it with this amp and wired it up... only diffenence was this amp will NOT connect to the front BASE BOOST connector mounted in the dash.

Then I removed this speaker; amp didn't want to drive this ONE hard enough and I don't know how to "Bridge" the amp for more power!

I then added these speakers that I had in one of the cars we are NOT driving right now. Then Tee adjusted everything and I was impressed at the sound ~ sure NOT show quality, but nice sound.

Then I headed back inside and got my NEW R/T grille emblem and it just snapped in because I have the Honeycomb type grille! I love the look and actually stands out better on this car because of the black background of this grille.

NOTPAID4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #2

NOTPAID4
N.C. Chapter President

Name: Jim
Garage
After I got all these done, took the amp with the broken RCA connectors, took the back off and finally figured out how to get the pins out of the female part of the connector, put the back back on and maybe tomorrow, I'll install this amp again ~ Believe it IS a better, more powerful amp and maybe even try that DHD speaker again ~ was told that ONE is a very good ONE; dunno ?????

NOTPAID4 is offline   Reply With Quote