Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > 3RD Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Engine & Performance
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 04-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #11

Here is a writeup about the install I saw a while back when I considered going this route for tuning. It is from HTC.

>>>>>This is how to wire it up on an 04'<<<<<

Red wire t-taps to (C1P29) Solid Red wire

Black wire t-taps to (C2P27) Blue w/ Green stripe MAP Sensor Ground (Middle wire of MAP Sensor)

Cut MAP Sensor Signal Wire about 6" before PCM. This wire is Purple w/ Black Stripe going to C2

Violet wire splices to (C2P23 Purple w/ Black Stripe) cut end of MAP wire on the PCM side*

Yellow wire and Green wire go together and splice into cut end of MAP wire on the MAP Sensor side Purple w/ Black Stripe wire

Yellow w/ Black Stripe wire t-taps to tach signal off #8 Injector. The wire closest to the red clip*

Yellow w/Green Stripe wire is not used (not in diagram but is on the PSC1-003)

>>>>>This is how to wire it up on an 03'<<<<<

Red wire t-taps to (C1P29) Red w/ White Stripe*

Black wire t-taps to (C2P27) Black w/ Light Brown Stripe MAP Sensor Ground (Middle wire of MAP Sensor)

Cut MAP Sensor Signal Wire about 6" from PCM. This wire is Green w/ Red Stripe going to C2

Violet wire splices to (C2P23 Green w/ Red Stripe) cut end of MAP wire on the PCM side

Yellow wire and Green wire go together and splice into cut end of MAP wire on the MAP Sensor side Green w/ Red Stripe wire

Yellow w/ Black Stripe wire t-taps to tach signal off #8 Injector. The wire closest to the red clip

Yellow w/Green Stripe wire is not used (not in diagram but is on the PSC1-003)
ORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #12

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Name: PI_greg
Jason, good stuff, I'm wired as istated with one exception. I'm tapped into the GY/LB wire at the PCM and not at the injector itself. I'll change this today and see if it fixes the rpm readout. Thanks,

PI_greg 2003 SXT-Hemi, SS/T rims, 275/60-17, AeroForce, w/wideband, 6.1 ignition, K&N-77 CAI, Fastman TB, eFan, 180 stat, TMR, HD OEM Trans Cooler, SC3865/PSC1, Dual window switch/ high idle mod, Edge, Crazy Spartan (112 lsa), 2800, DTT 4:10, TCI Floor Shifter, Shift lite, Pacesetter Ceramic LT's, Magna Spun Cats/SI/DO Muffler, Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle kit, Monroe shocks, Caltracs, Aeon springs bumps, SRT-10 gage pillar, air horn

Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #13

Redtruck-VA
Turbo Member

Name: PI_greg
I was wired to the GY/LB wire at the PCM and I moved it to the injector. I didn't expect any change and there wasn't any. Called Split Second and got a call back from Mark and got it sorted out. This is easy if someone tells you, but no where does it tell you that changing the screen doesn't do anything until you update the unit (they call it a ECM). This is done using a icon in the upper left corner on the map page. So this is the two additional pieces of information needed to make this thing work.
1. After install, connect to the ECM and download the map. Modify the map to all 10's.
2. Upload the map back to the ECM, this will resolve the TB warning icon on the dash.
3. Select the 1 cylinder/ 4 stroke if taking the rpm trigger from an injector. And upload to the ECM. These two step can be done together. The key being upload the data you have selected or it won't be installed to the ECM.

This is easy stuff, but if you don't know, you won't get it..
Anyone who needs help in the future feel free to contact me.

Good luck

PI_greg 2003 SXT-Hemi, SS/T rims, 275/60-17, AeroForce, w/wideband, 6.1 ignition, K&N-77 CAI, Fastman TB, eFan, 180 stat, TMR, HD OEM Trans Cooler, SC3865/PSC1, Dual window switch/ high idle mod, Edge, Crazy Spartan (112 lsa), 2800, DTT 4:10, TCI Floor Shifter, Shift lite, Pacesetter Ceramic LT's, Magna Spun Cats/SI/DO Muffler, Mcgaughys 2/4.5 spindle kit, Monroe shocks, Caltracs, Aeon springs bumps, SRT-10 gage pillar, air horn

Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote