Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Photo Gallery > Photo's & Video's
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Photo's & Video's Post your photo's & video's here.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #1

CubFan3
Newb

Name: Jessica
Default NYC Visit
Sunday we went to NYC for the day. One, to see the 9/11 Memorial, and two, to see more of Times Square. I'm not a huge city fan, but I like NYC and Times Square. Lots of shops, lots of interesting people, lol. It's just fun.. for a little while.

We always take the train in.. can you imagine trying to find parking for Matt's truck down there? No thanks. But anyhoo.. we went to the Memorial first. It's definitely a little upsetting to see, and beautiful at the same time. I'd never been to the East Coast prior to '07 so I've never seen NYC with the Twin Towers intact. To be standing next to those pools and to see how huge those buildings were, and to try and fathom the sort of destruction that brought them down, is definitely an experience. I'm glad I went even if I was nervous to go, definitely something everyone needs to do at least once. Ok, enough yapping.. on to some of my favorite pics.

Some from the South Pool:

Rest of the photos can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wickedr...7631386971424/

North Pool:

Survivor Tree:
CubFan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #2

CubFan3
Newb

Times Square shots:

All this stuff, all these signs and billboards.. it's crazy
Old 09-04-2012, 05:42 AM   #3

LB3711
Turbo Member

Name: Matt
Send a message via AIM to LB3711 Send a message via MSN to LB3711 Send a message via Yahoo to LB3711
nyc is fun. i'm glad i don't live there

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

2011 Dodge Ram 1500 QC Hemi Big Horn 4x4 -- Has Mods
LB3711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #4

UnderCover
R/T Member

Name: Art
Great pics! I've yet to make it down there since I've moved back to NY, but it's on my to-do list for sure! And I'm jealous you got an action shot of the new Engine 54!!! I've yet to see that one in person!

UnderCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #5

CubFan3
Newb

Thanks! Oh, so that's a new one? I noticed on the memorial Engine 54 was listed but didn't mention if it was the truck destroyed, I figured they'd listed it to note which vehicle the responders who died were with (if that makes sense). That was only the second truck we saw, and the only one I was able to get pictures of, I got two more of it.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #6

UnderCover
R/T Member

Yeah, that truck is pretty much brand new. The box on top of the cab gives it away. I think they got that within the last few months. I believe their truck was destroyed on 9/11, but even still, they're so busy that they go through trucks every couple of years. Their station is on 8th ave near 53rd st. They run with Ladder 4 and Battalion 9.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #7

UnderCover
R/T Member

Also, you may have noticed it says "Never Missed A Performance" on the windshield. They are the "First Due" engine company to most of the theaters on Broadway. The also run 2nd due to Times Square with Engine 65 (45th St)

Old 09-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #8

CubFan3
Newb

Oh cool! I wondered about that, with the masks too, I noticed in older Engine 54's, they didn't have the theater masks. Sounds like you know quite a bit about their trucks, lol. Firetrucks are pretty cool, learning quite a bit on them just now doing some research on what they might have lost on 9/11. There will be at least one truck in the Memorial (ladder 3) Museum once its' done.

Here's the other two shots I got of it:

Old 09-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #9

UnderCover
R/T Member

Very nice pics! I'm a huge fire buff, and a volunteer firefighter. I have a bunch of friends that work FDNY, including one that used to work out of that house. Sadly, he was one of the 343 that died on 9/11.

Did you happen to see any of the trucks out of the station on Liberty St? (Ten House)

Ladder 10 has murals painted on both sides from 9/11. That station is first due to the trade center, so they took the biggest hit that day.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #10

CubFan3
Newb

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. And no, don't think I saw one of those (we did see one other truck, it was near the Trade Center site but don't think it was one of those).

Thank you, for the compliment on the pics! I love taking pics in the city, there's so much going on! And I'm surprised we didn't see more of the trucks but perhaps that's a good thing! They are pretty cool though, would be neat to see that Ladder truck with the murals