Sponsored Ads
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

<<<<<< Register to remove these ads >>>>>>

Go Back   South East Mopars Forum > Mopar Models > Dodge Ram Forum > 3RD Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Lowered
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Preferred Vendor

Old 12-31-2010, 08:59 AM   #1

tuned93
Newb

Default spindles or control arms
im looking at getting some drop spindles or control arms temporarily till i bag my truck. im in iraq now, as some of you know, and im gonna buy my first house when i get back so i wont be able to purchase a full bag kit right away. depending on whats left over after the house, fees, furnishing, ect. is how much i have to play with. i already have to buy a new set of tires cuz the truck has been sitting this whole time. so they have flat spots. i would like to get 3'' of drop up front so my question is... does anyone make a 3'' drop spindle or set of control arms that will keep the stock streering geometry? keep in mind im also on a budget.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:09 AM   #2

tuned93
Newb

or i just had a thought... i already have a 2/4.5 drop on now, coils up front, but i never got an allignment after i dropped it. new question is... WITH the drop springs, couldnt i just get an allignment and correct the camber back to stock to spare my new tires?

Old 12-31-2010, 09:38 AM   #3

BAD HABIT
President - Admin

Name: Jay
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BAD HABIT
im sure you can get an alignment to correct anything out of whack, your drop isnt so extreme, that you cant do an alignment. glad to see you postin up, stay safe cant wait til your back home....

Old 12-31-2010, 10:44 AM   #4

Fla 66 cuda
Cummins Member

Name: Lou
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Fla 66 cuda
Jays correct, me personally i would go with drop lower control arms with bags deflated you will be lower than now but if you have a falure you can still drive it.If you want to lay frame go with both spindles and arms but you'll have to c notch the rear frame.

1966 barracuda 273 auto
2001 dodge ram 1500 quad cab
2013 Hyundai Elantra
2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Coupe
All housed at the redneck mansion.

USAF Fighter Aircraft Mechanic 1979-1989

Fla 66 cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:01 PM   #5

OklaHemi
Vertically Challenged Super Mod

Name: Michael
Garage
3" drop arms

well if it isnt my favorite ram with racing stripes. i was just think about you last night ken, its nice to know you are safe and still thinking of modding your truck. when you buy the house see if they have the first time home buyers credit its like 6-7k that you dont have to pay back. get home man

OklaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:26 PM   #6

tuned93
Newb

good to finally get to talk to my homies again. yeah i figured id just get an allignment then when the house thing is done, dive into bagging the truck. fyi ill be home in 2.5 months! yippee!

Old 12-31-2010, 01:29 PM   #7

OklaHemi
Vertically Challenged Super Mod

Name: Michael
Garage
If you look at th bottom of that linked page they have a 3/5 drop for 599 the lower arms ar like 400 alone

OklaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:13 PM   #8

AParrette
Turbo Member

Send a message via AIM to AParrette Send a message via MSN to AParrette Send a message via Yahoo to AParrette Send a message via Skype™ to AParrette
Originally Posted by tuned93 View Post
good to finally get to talk to my homies again. yeah i figured id just get an allignment then when the house thing is done, dive into bagging the truck. fyi ill be home in 2.5 months! yippee!
fuck yes
means we'll be bagging in 4 right

Old 12-31-2010, 02:20 PM   #9
SmokedRam
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SmokedRam
I would just get the LCA's...that will save you from having to pie cut or shave your stock ones later one...I dont know much about bagging Dodges, but you might not even be able to lay frame on a stock LCA
SmokedRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:08 AM   #10

tuned93
Newb

Originally Posted by AParrette View Post
fuck yes
means we'll be bagging in 4 right
hopefully! im trying not to spend alot of money where not needed. id hate to buy a brand new set of LCA's to get 3'' of drop with a coil, then turn around and get a set with buckets for bagging. i think im just gonna get an alignment for now... hopefully that preserves my tires till the caos begins! btw when im bagging in going all out.. channelling, notching, shaving, MAYBE a body drop while im at it. that would be awesome!